This class will help educators develop their growth and awareness on a topic rarely discussed but often encountered in our classrooms. The training is designed to be informative and collaborative. Course instructor is Maricelys Borrero, dual-language teacher at Carriage Crest. Mari is also an instructor for Culturally Responsive Classrooms for KEA and WEA.
- Integrate the awareness of children of incarcerated population in Washington state and our public schools.
- Understand the research and impact of incarcerated parents and the effects on our classrooms.
- Participants will reflect, discuss, and share how the research can impact their classrooms.
- Participants will obtain knowledge, understanding, and exposure to an invisible population in our schools.
- Educators will be better prepared for "Parent Conferences" involving incarcerated parents.
- Educators will receive resources and materials to support students in their classrooms.
Date: Thursday, April 27th
Time: 4:30 pm - 7:30 pm (dinner will be served beginning at 4:00 pm; vegetarian and gluten-free options included)
Where: KEA Office - 10427 SE 244th St, Kent, WA 98030