KEA Professional Development Opportunity
TPEP - Putting Your Best Foot Forward!
Do you have questions about the certificated TPEP 4-tiered evaluation process (CEL-5D) used in Kent? Want to learn about how to combine evidence and artifacts with strategies for writing and implementing effective student growth goals? Interested in exploring formative assessments that enhance effective teaching practices and student learning?
Interested in changes to the system per the new state regulations?
Come learn more at this TPEP Workshop, sponsored by KEA.
Topics to be covered include:
- Demystify the magnitude of collecting and providing evidence
- Introduce tips to harvest evidence to best represent your instruction
- Develop skills to identify relevant, meaningful, doable evidence
- Offer suggestions to assist in producing authentic evidence aligned to the specific components of your evaluation model
- Provide resources and organizers to assist you in your evaluation
- Gain knowledge about the law in relation to the evaluation system
- Identify effective strategies to writing student growth goals
- Introduce nested goals to help simplify the process
- Identify and understand effective evidence that demonstrates achievement of student growth goals
- Provide working samples and drafts of exemplar goals
- Increase vocabulary of assessment forms, styles, and techniques
- Gain ideas for how to track data from formative assessment
Instructor is Louise Sargent
Date: Tuesday, October 15th
5:00 pm - 8:00 pm (Dinner will be served, beginning at 4:30 pm)
Where: KEA Office, 10427 SE 244th St, Kent 98030
Three (3) clock hours will be available at no charge, courtesy of WEA. Dinner and all materials will be provided at no charge, courtesy of KEA.
Participants must be a KEA member to attend. If unsure of membership status, please call Becky at the KEA office 253.852.1350.
Limited to 48 participants. You will get immediate confirmation of your registration if there is room in the workshop when you register. If the class is full, you will be placed on a waiting list and and get confirmation of that as well.
If you'd like to attend, click below to register:
TPEP - Click Here to Register!
**Note** You must use either Safari, Firefox or Google Chrome to register (Internet Explorer will NOT work)
We look forward to seeing you! If you have any questions, please respond to this email, or call Becky at the KEA office at 253.852.1350.